Is this your second or third semester at Mason? Would you like to improve your academic skills? Then hurry now and register for UNIV 101: Academic Skills!
Academic Skills – 80701 – UNIV 101 – 002
Tuesdays, 12:00pm – 1:15pm, Robinson Hall A249
Emphasis is placed on resources and techniques to assist students with assessing and improving their academic performance. Students will work closely with the instructor to track their academic progress over the course of the semester. During the semester, students will:
1. Set short and long term goals for individual courses.
2. Develop an overall academic plan.
3. Understand and develop strategies to improve learning such as reading, note taking, memorization, and test-taking strategies.
4. Understand and develop strategies to improve self-regulation such as self-evaluation, organization, and time management.
5. Understand university policies and improve communication skills in order to improve self-advocacy.
6. Identify and utilize support services such as the Writing Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Career Services.
Questions? Contact Vicki Dominick, Assistant Director for Learning Services at email@example.com, (703)993-2380 or Jackie Nash, Associate Director Transition Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, (703) 993-3223