The Academic Intervention Program (AIP) is designed to provide undeclared students in academic difficulty with important information about student’s academic standing, Mason’s academic policies, and helpful resources to aid in future academic success.
Completion of the Academic Intervention program is required for undeclared first semester freshmen students with a cumulative GPA below 2.0. The steps outlined below must be completed before meeting with an academic advisor to discuss removing your academic hold.
Undeclared transfer students or students who have been at Mason for longer than one semester and have fallen below a cumulative GPA of 2.0 are not required to complete this program. These students are encouraged to watch the videos and meet with their academic advisor to help prevent problems in the future.
Steps for completing the Academic Intervention Program:
- Check your email. You should have received an email from the Academic Advising & Transfer Center (email@example.com) indicating that you on warning or probation. This email includes important information about the Academic Intervention Program.
- Download & print the following forms. You will need to print the following forms before moving on to step #3 (Do not complete the forms yet).
- View the Academic Intervention Program videos. You must view all five videos before meeting with an academic advisor. To view the videos you will need speakers and Adobe Flash. Click here to download the latest free version of Adobe Flash.
- Complete the two forms along with the videos. The videos will prompt you when to complete each form.
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. Call us at 703-993-2470 to schedule an appointment after you have viewed the videos. Please indicate to the receptionist that it is an AIP appointment. (No Walk-ins Accepted)
- Prepare for your appointment.
- a. Bring the two printed and completed forms with you to your appointment.
- b. Create a list of questions for the academic advisor.
- c. Become familiar with
- , our