Health Professions Advising, located in the Academic Advising & Transfer Center, is part of George Mason University’s Student Academic Affairs, Advising and Retention (SAAAR) which is committed to providing students with the tools that will help them to achieve success. It provides the primary contact for all students interested in pursuing postgraduate work in a medical field and comprehensive developmental advising. This service is open to all Mason community members interested in pursuing a graduate degree in the health professions.
George Mason University’s Health Profession Advising Website can be found at http://prehealth.gmu.edu/.
Health Professions Advising availability is announced via the HEALTHPROFESSIONSADVISOR-L listserv. To join the HEALTHPROFESSIONSADVISOR-L listserv
- Go to http://metis3.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?INDEX .
- Scroll to HEALTHPROFESSIONADVISOR-L.
- Click on HEALTHPROFESSIONADVISOR-L.
- Click on “Join”.
- Fill in your “Name” and “Email Address”. You must use your Mason email address.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Join HEALTHPROFESSIONSADVISOR-L” button.
7. Subsequently, you will need to click on a link in “Command confirmation request”, a confirming email. (The purpose of this confirmation procedure is to make sure that you have indeed requested to be added to the list.)
Please review the information sheets that are linked below.
- Pre-Medical Information Sheet
- Pre-Dental Information Sheet
- Pre-Pharmacy Information Sheet
- Pre-Physician Assistant Information Sheet
- Pre-Physical Therapy Information Sheet
- Pre-Occupational Therapy Informtion Sheet
- Pre-Optometry Information Sheet
- Pre-Veterinarian Information Sheet
- Pre-Communications Information Sheet
For more in depth pre-health information please visit the Health Professions website.