Voting for 2018 will begin on Monday, January 29, 2018.
The winner and Top 10 nominees will be announced at the Academic Advisor of the Year Ceremony, Friday, March 30th 11 – 1 pm, in Merten Hall Room 1201.
Academic advisors are a vital part of student success. Students have an opportunity each year to nominate an undergraduate academic advisor who has had a positive impact on students. The purpose of this award is to recognize excellence in advising across the Mason community. Nominations are accepted annually during the beginning of the Spring semester.
The recipient of this award will embody the following characteristics & skills:
- Demonstrates a caring, helpful attitude toward students
- Provides accurate information regarding university academic requirements
- Makes themselves available to students, faculty, and staff
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Has knowledge of George Mason University regulations, policies, and procedures
- Supports student development through advising
Please view the rules and regulations.