If you are a newly admitted undeclared student, we would like to invite you to meet with an academic advisor before you come to orientation!
Meeting with an academic advisor before orientation allows you the opportunity to get answers to your questions, discuss degree options, and learn about important Mason policies and procedures. Pre-orientation advising also allows you the time to really think about what courses you want to sign up for before
orientation day. An additional benefit is that you can skip advising on orientation day and go straight to registration!
Please complete the following steps:
- Sign up for orientation
If you have not yet signed up for an Orientation, please go to their website
to sign up. Orientation is mandatory and this is where you will register for your classes.
- Meet with an advisor before your orientation date
- Print the pre-orientation advising worksheet.
- Watch the pre-orientation advising video.
- Complete the pre-orientation advising worksheet. (Bring this to your advising appointment)
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor by calling 703-993-2470. If you live outside of the Fairfax area, call us to find out about our distance advising options!
- Prepare for your appointment
- See you soon!