If you are a newly admitted undeclared student, we would like to invite you to meet with an academic advisor before you come to orientation! Meeting with an academic advisor before orientation allows you the opportunity to get answers to your questions, discuss degree options, and learn about important Mason policies and procedures. Pre-orientation advising also allows you the time to really think about what courses you want to sign up for before orientation day. An additional benefit is that you can skip advising on orientation day and go straight to registration!
Please complete the following steps:
- Sign up for orientation
If you have not yet signed up for an Orientation, please go to their website (unavailable until October 18th for Spring 2017) to sign up. Orientation is mandatory and this is where you will register for your classes.
- Meet with an advisor before your orientation date
- Complete the pre-orientation advising worksheet. (Bring this to your advising appointment)
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor by calling 703-993-2470. If you live outside of the Fairfax area, call us to find out about our distance advising options!
- Prepare for your appointment
- Create your Patriot Web account and learn how to register for classes by viewing the Online guide to registration and using Patriot Web video.
- Create a list of questions that you would like to discuss with your advisor.
- Become familiar with directions to campus, our building location and parking options.
- Become a fan of our Facebook page to be sure you receive important advising information!
- See you soon!