Submission deadline is Friday, February 3, 2017
MAAN and the Mason Academic Advising Community are hosting the third annual Academic Advising Symposium with our VCCS partners on Friday, March 10, 2017. This is an all day opportunity to share Mason specific information regarding the transfer experience with our VCCS partners. This partnership is a critical component in the success of students as they transition to Mason. The theme for this year is Partnerships with a Purpose: A Journey Together.
MAAN invites you to submit a proposal for a session that would benefit both the Mason and VCCS academic advising community that is related to the transfer experience and in keeping with the theme of the event. Please keep the following in mind when submitting:
· Sessions should be no more than 45 minutes in length. This includes any Q & A time. (sessions will begin at approximately 1:30pm or 2:30pm)
· The theme is Partnerships with a Purpose: A Journey Together
· The target audience are members of both the Mason and VCCS academic advising community
Proposal and Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- Session Proposal should not exceed more than 700 words and include:
a. Session objectives and how they will be met
b. Session type: Seminar, Round-table, forum, discussion, etc.
c. Materials, tech needs & room set-up
- Session Abstract should not exceed 130 words. NOTE: If accepted, the abstract will be published with symposium materials. Please include:
a. Presentation title
b. Presenter(s) name(s)
c. An accurate description of the presentation
Notifications will go out the week of February 13th.