Want to learn more about transferring to George Mason University? Utilize the resources below before and during the application process to find specific information that will be helpful as you consider Mason’s programs.
- *Applying to Mason : The first step is to Apply to Mason. Make sure to follow the *Admissions Requirements and apply by the *Application Deadline.
- *Evaluation of Transfer Credit: The Office of Admissions at Mason will evaluate your transfer credits after you are admitted to Mason and have submitted your deposit indicating you plan to enroll at Mason. To see how your courses might transfer to Mason, please visit the *Transfer Credit Search Engine and search for the schools you have attended to see previously evaluated courses.
- If you do not find a university you attended and/or a course you took at a particular university, the course may still transfer. See the *Evaluation of Transfer Credit website for additional information about re-evaluating credit.
- *Transfer Credit Criteria: To receive academic credit at Mason for a course taken at another university, the course must meet certain criteria. Review this information carefully.
- *Virginia Community College System Transfer Guide: George Mason University’s Office of Admissions works directly with the Virginia Community College System to provide students with a guide for taking courses at VCCS for specific majors offered at Mason. Please speak directly with a VCCS academic advisor for specific questions related to courses at VCCS.
- *Virginia Community College Guaranteed Admission Agreement (GAA): Mason and VCCS have made an agreement regarding students transferring to Mason from the VCCS. Visit the VCCS GAA Frequently Asked Questions page for detailed information about the requirements for this program.
- Majors at Mason : Mason offers a wide variety of majors to meet your academic and professional interests. A complete list of Mason majors, including planning sheets with the courses required for each major can be found at the Majors at Mason website.
- Minors at Mason: Mason students also have the added benefit of being able to select from a wide range of minor options. Visit the Minors at Mason website for additional information and specific courses for each minor.
- *Tuition & Fees: For information about tuition and applicable fees for attending Mason, please visit the tuition and fees page on the Admissions webiste. Additional information can be found on the *Student Accounts website.
Need additional assistance? Contact Enrollment Central.
Location: Ground floor lobby of SUB I