Center for Academic Advising, Retention & Transitions
Room 3600, SUB I
4400 University Dr. MS 2E6
Fairfax, VA 22030
Advising Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
Undeclared Students: Who is your Academic Advisor?
- Last Names A-B: Jon May
- Last Names C-G: Joan Elwood
- Last Names H-L: Jason King
- Last Names M-P: Wayne Adams
- Last Names Q-Z: Hermione Pickett
How to Schedule an Appointment Online with GMU SSC Campus (please include your G#, preferred contact number, and purpose of your appointment in the comments section when submitting your request):
- Undeclared (non-Engineering) students may select “Undeclared Advising (Non-VSE)” to schedule an appointment with the Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transitions.
- Students with declared majors that wish to change to Undeclared/exploring should select “Advising Outside of College,” “Declare/change major/minor,” and then “choose our office name from the list of options.
Walk-In Hours for CURRENT, UNDECLARED Students: Walk-ins are for students needing 15 minutes or less. If you anticipate needing more time please make an appointment.
Walk-in hours are typical but subject to advisor availability. To assure being seen by an advisor, please make an appointment or call before coming in for walk-in times. You may meet with someone other than your assigned advisor during a walk-in appointment.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 1pm-4pm
Wednesday,: 9 am – noon
Students who have a declared major are advised in their department. Have a major? Use the Advisor Locator to find their contact information.
Website Questions: CAART Webmaster