Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transitions
Room 3600, SUB I
4400 University Dr. MS 2E6
Fairfax, VA 22030
Advising Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
Undeclared Students: Who is your Academic Advisor?
If you are an undeclared student or interested in changing your major, and have an advising question or concern, please contact an advisor in the Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transitions (CAART). Students are assigned to an academic advisor alphabetically by last name:
- Last Names A-B: Jon May
- Last Names C-G: Joan Elwood
- Last Names H-L: Jason King
- Last Names M-P: Wayne Adams
- Last Names Q-Z: Hermione Pickett
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment Online
*Inactive students are unable to use the scheduling system and must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
Steps for sign on to appointment scheduler:
- Go to gmu.campus.eab.com You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your netid and password
- Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on “Accept”
- Please include your G#, preferred contact number, and purpose of your appointment in the comments section when submitting your request
- Undeclared (non-Engineering) students may select “Undeclared Advising (Non-VSE)” to schedule an appointment with the Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transitions.
- Students with declared majors whom wish to change to Undeclared (Non-VSE) should select “Declare/Change Program” and then choose either “Change Major to Undeclared” or “Explore Major/Minor Options” before hitting “Next” button. Then identify our office (CAART) as your location and then you may choose to look at a specific advisors schedule or hit “Next” if you have no preference.
Click image above or go to https://gmu.campus.eab.com/ to access GMU SSC Campus – Mason’s Online Appointment Scheduling system.
Walk-In Hours for CURRENT, UNDECLARED Students: Walk-ins are for students needing 15 minutes or less. If you anticipate needing more time please make an appointment.
Walk-in hours are typical but subject to advisor availability. To assure being seen by an advisor, please make an appointment or call before coming in for walk-in times. You may meet with someone other than your assigned advisor during a walk-in appointment.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 1pm-4pm
Wednesday: No Walk-in advising available (by appointment only)
Students who have a declared major are advised in their department. Have a major? Use the Advisor Locator to find their contact information.
Website Questions: CAART Webmaster
LATE APPOINTMENT POLICY
Students who are anticipate being 15 minutes late or more for an appointment should call 703.993.2470 to cancel and reschedule. Failure to cancel in advance or not showing for 2 scheduled appointments within 14 days will result in you being temporarily blocked from using the student scheduling system. No same day or walk-in advising appointments for cancelled appointments.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law established to protect the privacy of student records. Confidential student information will not be communicated to a third party, including immediate family members, without the expressed consent of the student, except when allowed under FERPA law.