If you are a newly admitted undeclared student, we would like to invite you to meet with an academic advisor before you come to orientation! Meeting with an academic advisor before orientation allows you the opportunity to get answers to your questions, discuss degree options, and learn about important Mason policies and procedures. Pre-orientation advising also allows you the time to really think about what courses you want to sign up for before you choose classes at your orientation day.
- Sign up for orientation: If you have not yet signed up for an Orientation, please go to their website to sign up. Orientation is mandatory and this is where you will register for your classes.
- Complete the CAART Freshman Profile: Access the form here
- Prepare for your pre-orientation appointment and your orientation date
- Print the Mason Core worksheet and then complete while watching the Freshman Pre-Orientation Video. Bring with you to your appointment or orientation session.
- Create your Patriot Web account and learn how to register for classes by viewing the Online guide to registration and using Patriot Web video.
- Create a list of questions that you would like to discuss with your advisor.
- Become familiar with directions to campus, our building location and parking options.
- Like our Facebook page to be sure you receive important advising information!
- Please schedule your pre-orientation advising appointment using the email invitation sent to your new Masonlive email account. Directions for setting up/activating your Masonlive account were included in the information you received when scheduling your orientation date from Orientation Programs and Family Services (OFPS). If you live within 50 miles of our Fairfax Campus we expect you to come to our office for an in-person meeting; however, if you live more than 50 miles from campus, then please add “Skype Appointment Requested” to the comments when scheduling your advising appointment.
See you soon!