Terminated CVPA Students

Students Terminated by the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA)

If a nonacademic issue led to your difficulties and your subsequent termination and you want to inquire about an appeal consideration:

If your academic difficulties were related to the major from which you were terminated and you are inquiring about a different CVPA major:

  • Contact CVPA Academic Affairs at cvpaugrd@gmu.edu. Please be aware that a portfolio, writing sample, or audition will be required prior to acceptance to the new major.

If you are exploring options for a major not associated with the College of Visual and Performing Arts, you are invited to meet with Hermione Pickett in the Center for Academic Advising, Retention, and Transition. You can schedule that appointment by following the steps below:

  • Go to gmu.campus.eab.com or click the “Schedule Your Appointment” button below. You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your netid and password
  • Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on “Accept”
  • Please include your G#, preferred contact number, and purpose of your appointment in the comments section when submitting your request
  • Students should select “Declare/Change Program” and then choose either “Change Major to Undeclared” or “Explore Major/Minor Options” before hitting “Next” button. Then identify our office (CAART) as your location. We recommend that students meet with Hermione Pickett, you may choose to her name from the list of advisors or hit “Next” if you have no preference.

In preparation for your exploring majors advising appointment, please review the resources below: