Students who have been terminated from a College of Engineering and Computing major may not register for a CEC course without permission of the department offering the course. This applies to all undergraduate courses offered by the CEC except IT 104 Introduction to Computing (Mason Core) and STAT 250 Introductory Statistics I (Mason Core). A student may not declare any major in the College of Engineering and Computing if the student has previously met the termination criteria for that major at any time, regardless of what the student’s major was at the time the courses were taken (College of Engineering and Computing Undergraduate Academic Policies)
If a nonacademic issue led to your difficulties and your subsequent termination, consider inquiring about an appeal for reinstatement or for permission to pursue a different major in CEC:
Submit detailed explanation, plan for success and all supporting documentation to CEC Undergraduate Student Services Office, 2500 Engineering Building, 703-993-1511, email@example.com.
If you are exploring options for a major not associated with the College of Engineering and Computing, you are invited to meet with an Exploratory Academic Advisor. You can schedule that appointment by following the steps below:
- Go to gmu.campus.eab.com or click the “Schedule Your Appointment” button below. You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your netid and password
- Once logged in, click the “Get Assistance” button in the top right of the screen.
- Then, answer the following questions and make the following selections to meet with an Exploratory Advisor:
- Under “What type of appointment would you like to schedule?” Select “Academic Advising.”
- Under “Service” Select “Advising Outside Your Major.”
- Then, select a date under “Pick a Date” then hit “Find Available Time.”
- Scroll down and select “Student Success Coaching” and the three Exploratory Success Coaches will be listed.
- You’ll then be able to look at several available dates/times.
- You then can select the date and time that work for your schedule. Click that time slot, then select “Schedule” at the bottom of the next screen.
More information about Exploratory Academic Advising Services can be found here: https://advising.gmu.edu/current-student/exploratory-academic-advising/
In preparation for your exploring majors advising appointment, please review the resources below: