Non-Degree Student Advising

If you are not yet enrolled at Mason as a non-degree student and/or would like information about being a non-degree student, see the Admissions website and the Catalog. If you are an admitted non-degree student, make sure to complete your next steps to complete enrollment.

Academic Advising Services

As a Non-Degree student enrolled in undergraduate courses at Mason, you have access to advising services. You can contact Sylvia Lee, Academic Advising Coordinator, at with any questions or if you would like to schedule a meeting.

If you are a Non-Degree student who is part of an international exchange program, contact the Global Education Office (GEO) at

College & School Pages for Non-Degree Students

Some of the Schools/Colleges have pages on their site specifically for Non-Degree students taking courses in their departments. The links are below. The School of Business has instructions to request enrollment in their courses as a Non-Degree student.

Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution
College of Education and Human Development
College of Health and Human Services
School of Business (see “Non-Degree Study”)

Do you have a concern or need to appeal an academic policy?

Information regarding academic requests and appeals can be found here.

Pre-Professional Academic Advising Services

If you are interested in a career in a medical or health field (e.g. medical school, dentistry, optometry, physician assistant, pharmacy, etc.) or if you are interested in law school, please consider utilizing our advising services within those two specialized areas. More details on their services can be found on their websites linked below.

Pre-Health Advising
Pre-Law Advising