Nominations are now closed for 2020-2021.
Academic advisors are a vital part of student success here at Mason, and you have an opportunity each year to nominate an undergraduate academic advisor for the V. Ann Lewis Academic Advisor of the Year!
The purpose of this award is to recognize excellence in advising across the Mason community and to show our appreciation of the academic advising community. In 2020, the Academic Advisor of the Year Award was named after V. Ann Lewis in recognition of Ann’s impact on the academic advising community during her 23 years working at Mason.
As you consider your nomination, keep in mind the advisor who receives this award:
- Demonstrates a caring, helpful attitude toward students
- Provides accurate information regarding university academic requirements
- Is available to students
- Creates an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Has a firm knowledge of Mason regulations, policies, and procedures
- Supports student development
Complete this form to nominate your favorite undergraduate academic advisor for the
V. Ann Lewis Academic Advisor of the Year!
(One vote per student please.)
Voting for 2020-2021 is open from February 15 until March 8. Nominations for 2020-2021 are now closed.
The award selection committee will review the nominations, and the award will be presented at the Academic Advisor of the Year virtual ceremony later in the spring. The “top 10” academic advisors will also be recognized at the ceremony.