If a nonacademic issue led to your difficulties and your subsequent termination and you want to inquire about an appeal consideration:
Contact email@example.com and meet with a School of Business advisor about the circumstances that led to your academic difficulty.
Students terminated from their major/concentration within business as a result from not successfully completing an upper-level major/concentration course, are able to select a different business major/concentration. Example, if you are terminated from Accounting, you may declare Marketing instead:
Contact the Office of Student Success and Academic Services and meet with a School of Business advisor to discuss a different business major/concentration.
Students terminated from the entire School of Business as a result from not successfully completing a Foundations or Business Core course, may explore options for a major not associated with the School of Business with an Exploratory Academic Advisor. You can schedule that appointment by following the steps below:
- Go to gmu.campus.eab.com or click the “Schedule Your Appointment” button below. You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your netid and password
- Once logged in, click the “Get Assistance” button in the top right of the screen.
- Then, answer the following questions and make the following selections to meet with an Exploratory Advisor:
- Under “What type of appointment would you like to schedule?” Select “Academic Advising.”
- Under “Service” Select “Advising Outside Your Major.”
- Then, select a date under “Pick a Date” then hit “Find Available Time.”
- Scroll down and select “Student Success Coaching” and the three Exploratory Success Coaches will be listed.
- You’ll then be able to look at several available dates/times.
- You then can select the date and time that work for your schedule. Click that time slot, then select “Schedule” at the bottom of the next screen.
More information about Exploratory Academic Advising Services can be found here: https://advising.gmu.edu/current-student/exploratory-academic-advising/
In preparation for your exploring majors advising appointment, please review the resources below: